Friday, August 18, 2017

Welcome Back!!!!!

Welcome back to the new school year 2017-2018!!!  After a few years teaching art part-time (grades 4th-8th), I am now back full-time, teaching all students in grades 1st-8th Art!  A huge huge thank you to Mrs. Mifsud for teaching art for grades 1st-3rd for the past few years which allowed me to stay home a few days each week while my son was a baby and toddler.  I know the students appreciated her but not more than I appreciated her!!!!   I thank her for being such a creative inspiration for the students!  Luckily, Mrs. Mifsud will continue to be the Kinder-3rd grade science teacher so the students will still get to enjoy being with Mrs. Mifsud each week!!!

I have posted the art newsletters/syllabus on both the blog ( right hand column) and on each classes' announcement page on Schoolspeak.  The newsletter is pretty cut and paste.  I assure you the kids will have much more fun in art than you did reading the boring Art newsletter :)  It really just has all of the grading policies and expectations for the year.  I do ask that you take a gander and skim through it to get the basics of what the policies are.

Starting next week, all of the classes will have their first art class.  The first class of the year goes over the basic classroom rules, and prizes, location of materials, overview of sketchbook (grades 6th-8th), secret agents, creative compassion corner, etc.  It's possible we may get to start our first project of the year, but most will start the following week.

I am really excited for the year ahead.  I have a lot of new projects planned and am hoping to dive a bit deeper into the projects this year with a bit more time spent on art history and giving students the tools to give positive critiques incorporating art vocabulary.

Early finishers in grades 4th-8th will have the opportunity to work on projects in the Creative Compassion Corner.  More on that later.

I have been busy getting the art room ready and adding a few touches to the room this year!  Looking forward to seeing all of those excited faces and creative souls next week!





Creative Compassion Corner (4th-8th)

Free Draw Station (1st-3rd)

Prizes for Secret Agents

Teacher Desk Tchotchke's 


If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  This area was already splattered with paint, I may as well hide it with more purposeful splattered paint.


No comments: