Sunday, September 24, 2017

Spreading the Love

During prayer day two weeks ago, 4th graders spent time working on a project from the Creative Compassion Corner, specifically making cards for our community heroes, firemen and police officers.  The cards for firemen were given to Mr. Livingston to take to the local fire station and handed out to the firemen there.  

Some of the cards the students made for police officers are kept in my car in case I see an officer at the local coffee shop or at the grocery store.  Today, I ran into two officers at the grocery store enjoying a cup of coffee on their break, so I ran out to my car and brought them cards the students had made.  They were delighted!  They told me to tell the students thank you and that they appreciated their thoughtfulness!  


No comments: